• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Faron

Links in RichEdit

This topic is 4285 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to create an app with CRichEdit2 MFC class that displays text containing links. When I create some text in MS Word and open the RTF in my RichEdit window I get blue underlined text but no links. Can somebody help me with it?

Advertisement
You have to handle the linking part yourself, the RichEdit will tell you that there's a link there though. You need to listen for the EN_LINK notification, and then run the link (Via ShellExecute() normally).

Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
You have to handle the linking part yourself, the RichEdit will tell you that there's a link there though. You need to listen for the EN_LINK notification, and then run the link (Via ShellExecute() normally).

The problem is that RichEdit does not recognize links saved by MS Word. It treats them as blue underlined text. I read the RTF file and copy it's contents to RichEdit via SetWindowText().

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!