• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Debug vs Release on VS2005

This topic is 4051 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Why is it that when I compile with the Debug option, it's fine but when I go for Release I get loads of errors? The errors are usually the type of error you get when you need to put TEXT("") instead of just the string. Basically it's this one:
Quote:
error C2664: 'TextOutW' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'const char *' to 'LPCWSTR'

Advertisement
Check that your settings are the same for both configurations. At the top of the project properties it should have some sort of drop down list which says what configuration you are changing the settings for (Relase, Debug).

I think you need to go to project properties, Release mode, and change the Wide characters from Unicode to Ascii or something along those lines.

Unless you're meaning to use Wide characters on purpose. Otherwise it should be giving you an error related to TextOutA (and not TextOutW), if any.

Maybe you have different option set in debug mode than in release mode.
Load your project in visual studio and then menu option Projects->Properties. (or alt-F7)

There you have a window called Configuration. (There you can choose: debug, release, etc.) And just find the difference between Debug settings and release settings.

Edit:(Was typing the answer and two where in front of me, but they are correct)

www.nextdawn.nl

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement