• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Memory Leak in Visual C#

This topic is 3989 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working on a Windows Application for some time now on Visual Studio 2005, and it's been running fine on 2 desktops I've got. However, when I put it on a laptop, it starts sucking up memory like crazy until the computer is insanely slow. I've tried forcing garbage collection, which didn't help. I also tried installing VS2005 on the laptop and recompiling the application there, but that also didn't help. Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
Do you have more details (something like, you know, which language do you use, the versions of the used .NET SDK (if any), and so on)?

Without these details, it's going to be quite hard to understand what the problem is... [smile]

Well, he's obviously using C# according to the title.. Since he's using 2005, I assume .NET 2.0, but it could possibly be 3.0..

How much RAM does the laptop have, how much does the app normaly use, and how much does it use on the laptop? Could the applications task have anything to do with it? For example, if the task is to make a complete list of all files on the computer, then using it on different computers would cause different ram usages and so on.

Well, we figured it out. Something was enabled that didn't need to be in one of the APIs we were using, and when we moved it over to the laptop, the laptop didn't like it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement