• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bigfoot Nick

error C3861: 'CA2W' identifier not found

This topic is 4135 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was trying to learn DirectX via a tutorial, and I was working on using meshes with included textures, but when I try to compile the code *in VC++ 2005 Express* I get the error "...first.cpp(262) : error C3861: 'CA2W' : identifier not found" I've tried googling this to find some help, but nothing worthwhile came up that I saw. I also tried searching for CA2W on the gamedev forums, but didn't see anything. So here I am. I've included the atlbase.h file (#include <atlbase.h>) Any ideas? Bigfoot

Advertisement
Try searching the MSDN. I haven't (I'm lazy), but I think it is something to do with converting A(scii) 2(to) W(ide characters = unicode).

Maybe you could try compiling in non-unicode mode too, if it is supported these days.

{
LPD3DXBUFFER bufShipMaterial;

D3DXLoadMeshFromX(L"airplane 2.x",
D3DXMESH_SYSTEMMEM,
d3ddev,
NULL,
&bufShipMaterial,
NULL,
&numMaterials,
&meshSpaceship);

D3DXMATERIAL* tempMaterials = (D3DXMATERIAL*)bufShipMaterial->GetBufferPointer();

material = new D3DMATERIAL9[numMaterials];
texture = new LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9[numMaterials];

for(DWORD i = 0; i < numMaterials; i++)
{
material = tempMaterials.MatD3D;
material.Ambient = material.Diffuse;
USES_CONVERSION;
if(FAILED(D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(d3ddev,
CA2W(tempMaterials.pTextureFilename),
&texture)))
texture = NULL;
}

return;
}

There's the CA2W statement, 7 lines from the bottom
Bigfoot

Yep, it's definitely converting from Ascii to Wide chars, the USES_CONVERSION macro is the giveaway. Have you checked the MSDN? Have you got the latest SDK? I thought it was A2W though, try that it may be a typo.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!