• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ajm113

OpenGL My compiler is showing a wierd error that does not relate to my script!

This topic is 4168 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using the DevC++ to make my first render then just a simple cube or polygon. I am using #include <windows.h> // Header File For Windows #include <gl\gl.h> // Header File For The OpenGL32 Library #include <gl\glu.h> // Header File For The GLu32 Library #include <gl\glaux.h> // Header File For The GLaux Library Which I already have installed but I get this compiling error... "[Linker error] undefined reference to `gluPerspective@32' " " ld returned 1 exit status " " C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win [Build Error] [Project1.exe] Error 1 "

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by sir_wojciech
Add

#pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "glu32.lib")
at the beginning of your code.

...and watch your code break on some compilers because you used implementation defined pragmas ( read up on what gcc used to do when presented with a pragma ).

For dev-c++, to add libraries to your project go to project->project options->paramters->linker and add "-lopengl32" and "-lglu32" to the text box there.

Hay Thanks! I can't wait to get something like this going!

]http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Games%20Zone/Images/suffering_big2.jpg

judging by you question, i would say that you are a couple years(and a really good graphics artist) away from somthing like that.

but keep up the work and you will be there one day.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!