• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Compiling Troubles.

This topic is 3955 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As of yesterday, my IDE (Code::Blocks, RC 2) refused to acknowledge that one of my files had changed, and would not compile the project. Since this project was not horribly big, I decided to recompile the project from scratch. However, this has not made the problem much better. Though now every time I click on compile and run, it re-builds the project from scratch, which is not the behavior I expect. I expect the compiler to only recompile the edited file, and any dependencies. Interestingly enough, this only happens on a single project - any new project I create compiles in the correct way. If anyone knows what could of caused this, or how I can fix this problem, I would be very grateful.

Advertisement
No idea what caused that, but I can at least apply a little problem-solving skill. Since new projects seem to work - did you try copying all the source files across to a new project? :s

I've done that - it does not work. Reverting to my 'big guns' - its time for a system restore.

I have completed a system restore (which did nothing, sad to say), and upgraded to SVN 3737 (The March 22nd build), all to no avail. This problem is quite vexing, to say the least.

However, the new build is very shiny, so that, at least, is an improvement :P

NINJAEDIT: No, I am not using any code generation nor resources.

Ahha - it turned out that a couple of my header files had timestamps three years in the future (O___O). After fixing that, the compiler works correctly again.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement