Sign in to follow this  

GDI Image help pls...

This topic is 3952 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am creating a pong game and it is in GDI++. I am using VS2005 and currently started implementing the GDI bitmaps. I currently have one starry image loaded in the background, however I created some images in photoshop where I moved the front layer of stars to make it look as if the background is moving. Now in class we went over using sprite sheets, however I was wondering if there was a way to rotate through images for the background of my game using a flip option or something. I rememeber in VB, when I played around with it, I was able to load up a number of bitmaps and then it would cycle through them. This is essentially what I am trying to do using bitblt or something. Any direction would be great. Thanks all! X

Well, you could just create a vector<HBITMAP> Bitmaps; and int iCurrentBitmap; and each animation frame increase current bitmap by one. Then, when drawing calls, you would just call SelectObject(HDC, Birtmaps[iCurrentBitmap]); and blit that.

I hope I understood your inquiry correctly.

Koobazaur you understood perfectly and that sounds great. going to go implement it now. Thanks so much for the help.

Sign in to follow this