• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

C++ compilers

This topic is 3986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm woundering what compiler you are using with c++. Please just write what compiler and version, and if you want to you can write why. Thanks XxIIAIIxX

Advertisement
Are you talking about the IDE? Then I use Code::Blocks, but Code::Blocks uses the MinGW compiler.

g++ 3.4.0 at school, because it's the one installed there. The actual command line is actually g++ -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic. My IDE is zsh, with emacs as an editor and make as a build manager.

Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition default C++ compiler at home, because the IDE is excellent and I haven't found the need to change to another compiler yet. I use non-default options /W4 /WX /Wp64.

Visual Studios 2005 Express

'Cause it rocks. Code::Blocks is my second choice if all hell breaks loose and VS 2005 explodes in a ball of fire.

I mainly use Visual C++ 2005 Express (which is free, by the way).

Quote:
Original post by nemesisgeek
I use Visual C++ 6.0 Standard for most of my development but also have VC++ 2005 Express.

Any particular reason for this? 2005 has a much better IDE, and the compiler is vastly superior to the one used in 6.0. If you need the resource editor or profiler, there are some available on the web.

TextMate or Xcode depending on my mood for the day.
Occasionally I'll boot into windows and use Visual Studio 2005.

smw-dev32:~> g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)

smw-dev32:~> vi --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 6.3 (2004 June 7, compiled Jul 30 2005 12:36:01)

smw-dev32:~> autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59

@smw-dev32:~> automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.5

smw-dev32:~> uname -a
Linux smw-dev32 2.6.15-dcc-uni #1 PREEMPT Mon May 29 11:03:38 EDT 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

I also have a 64-bit dev machine with newer versions of everything, but it works and compiles identically. Except for the 64-bit thingy.

--smw

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement