I think the example will show what I mean :) We have file example.h like this:
#pragma once

class Example {
  Example();
  Example( float, float );

void ExampleFunc();

~Example();
}
Is there any option that will add all those prototypes into example.cpp file in form like:
#include "example.h"
Example::Example()
{
}

Example::Example( float, float )
{
}

void Example::ExampleFunc()
{
}

Example::~Example()
{
}
Advertisement
Unfortunately, such facilities are not available for C++ in the core VS2005 software. There may be some third-party add-ons which add this feature, but I am not aware of any.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ
There may be some third-party add-ons which add this feature, but I am not aware of any.

IIRC, the latest version of Visual Assist X may be able to do this, but I'm not positive.
Quote:Original post by Driv3MeFar
There may be some third-party add-ons which add this feature, but I am not aware of any.

IIRC, the latest version of Visual Assist X may be able to do this, but I'm not positive.

The latest version of VA X can do this. Though you have to trigger it for each method you wish to 'stub in', it's triggered via 'Create Implementation' from their Refactoring tools. Their refactoring features are very nice, I use them pretty much every day.
Raven Software :: Tools Programmer
[Ravensoft] [My Site] [Full Sail]
Quote:Original post by Driv3MeFar

Indeed, it has a command called "VAssistX.CreateImplementation" that does it. But you can hardly justify $149 for this feature alone [smile]

I know of no free tools that do this. If your schedule is free for the next couple of months, you can use gccxml to create such a tool, and wrap it with a Visual Studio macro or plugin, but it's not for the faint of heart [grin]

In conclusion, I think you're pretty much stuck.

Unfortunatly Muhammad, the time it would take to make that would be astronomically larger then the time saved by using it :P
Sure is a big 'ol world.
If you use a program like ArgoUML to create a UML class diagram (not such a bad idea on its own), it will create the basic .cpp and .h files for your whole application.

It can also include member variables and inheritance if you like.

And its free! (I think!)

ArgoUML

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement