Often calls SetDepthStencil very slow on GeForce 7900GT

Started by
4 comments, last by Arkadiy 17 years ago
I do my own stereodriver. They work on my Geforce 6600GT(Athlon64 3000+) with 30-40 FPS, but when I run the game on Geforce 7900GT(Athlon X2 3800+) FPS will 6-7. Problem in often calls SetDepthStencilSurface before every Draw call. Driver is same 93.71 I can't understand, how can I solve this problem
Advertisement
Instead of switching between each draw call, perhaps draw the full left view, then the full right view.
Apparently will make so, but this variant have many disadvanatages. For example, it is necessary to change all texture cordinates when used RenderTarget textures, but when I change Vertex Shader I don't know which textures cordinates will be used with RenderTarget Textures.
Quote:Original post by Namethatnobodyelsetook
Instead of switching between each draw call, perhaps draw the full left view, then the full right view.

Switching is not applicatable because game only draw to one backbuffer, but driver change camera angle and draw to left & right buffers.
I assume creating double width rendertarget and draw to left half and then to right half will be faster that use two rendertarget and depthstencil surfaces.
Quote:Original post by Arkadiy
I assume creating double width rendertarget and draw to left half and then to right half will be faster that use two rendertarget and depthstencil surfaces.

Yes, I think this would work better. Chips have Z test acceleration, and it doesn't extend to working with more than one buffer, AFAIK.
Quote:Original post by ET3D
Yes, I think this would work better. Chips have Z test acceleration, and it doesn't extend to working with more than one buffer, AFAIK.

This work, but I have another problem: SetViewport doesn't affect to already transformed (RHW) vertices.
How can I modify RHW verices from WriteOnly VertexBuffer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement