pls help in algorithm

Started by
1 comment, last by JohnBolton 17 years ago
I have to implement a model which is termed as "Aggregation: Complexity out of simplicity",ofcourse in openGL. the link is http://www.andylomas.com/sketch_0087_final.pdf. here you will find the picture of the model. can anyone suggest me where can I find algorithm of this? I just cant understand how should I proceed. I badly need your help.plsss suggest.
Advertisement
Theres a Bibliography at the end of the paper, it cites background sources.
Suggest you read those papers, since they'd presumably explain where this algorithm is coming from.
An overview of the algorithm is given in the paper. Here is the key sentence:
The process is similar to the Growth by Aggregation system described by Kaandorp and Kübler [Kaandorp and Kübler 2001] but uses particles rather than voxels, and generalizes the flow field to more complex models than the simple bi-directional one they use.
Note that the "model" is described as an aggregation of particles rather than a mesh, and is rendered using a ray tracer. That doesn't sound like what you are looking for. Anyway, I suggest that you email the author directly if you want to know the details.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement