Using Frame Buffer

Started by
8 comments, last by Garret 17 years ago
Hi, I've got a problem when trying to create subj in OpenGL. I am trying to follow tutorial 101 on subj found on gamedev.net But it crashes at the second string:

GLuint fbo;
glGenFramebuffersEXT(1, &fbo);
With an error (at a string "glGenFramebuffersEXT(1, &fbo);"): Unhandled exception at 0x00000000 in RTT.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000. I use MS VS 2005.NET (VC 8.0). I've envountered similar problems when tried to create a p-buffer. Please, tell anything that can help, Peter.
Advertisement
glGenFramebuffersEXT function address hasn't been initialized properly (hence it's NULL address). Are you using something like Glew, or are you getting the address yourself? (Since the program compiles, I assume glGenFramebuffersEXT has been defined somewhere)

~zix
---------------------------------------------------Game Programming Resources, Tutorials, and Multimedia | Free Skyboxes
I load it myself. The code is following:
#include <GL/gl.h>#undef GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES#include <GL/glext.h>#include <GL/glut.h>#include <GL/wglext.h>#include <glh_genext.h>PFNGLGENFRAMEBUFFERSEXTPROC glGenFramebuffersEXT = (PFNGLGENFRAMEBUFFERSEXTPROC)wglGetProcAddress("glGenFramebuffersEXT");PFNGLBINDFRAMEBUFFEREXTPROC glBindFramebufferEXT = (PFNGLBINDFRAMEBUFFEREXTPROC)wglGetProcAddress("BindFramebufferEXT");PFNGLGENRENDERBUFFERSEXTPROC glGenRenderbuffersEXT = (PFNGLGENRENDERBUFFERSEXTPROC)wglGetProcAddress("GenRenderbuffersEXT");PFNGLBINDRENDERBUFFEREXTPROC glBindRenderbufferEXT = (PFNGLBINDRENDERBUFFEREXTPROC)wglGetProcAddress("BindRenderbufferEXT");PFNGLRENDERBUFFERSTORAGEEXTPROC glRenderbufferStorageEXT = (PFNGLRENDERBUFFERSTORAGEEXTPROC)wglGetProcAddress("RenderbufferStorageEXT");PFNGLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERBUFFEREXTPROC glFramebufferRenderbufferEXT = (PFNGLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERBUFFEREXTPROC)wglGetProcAddress("FramebufferRenderbufferEXT");

And I can't figure out what's wrong here...
Thanks for assistance.
Looks like I overcame this problem, using one free library. But I will appreciate if you give me some idea why my code was not working.
But I has another problem, while getting into this example. I try to run a simple app (here is the part of it with everything linked to rendering and frame buffers)
void render2texture (){    glClearColor ( 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 );    glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);    glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, fbo);    glPushAttrib(GL_VIEWPORT_BIT);    glViewport(0,0,512,512);        glClear( GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT );        glColor3d (1.0, 1.0, 1.0);          glutSolidTeapot(1);        glutSwapBuffers();    glPopAttrib();    glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, 0);}void display(){    render2texture();    glClearColor ( 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 );    glClear( GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT );    //glColor3d (1.0, 1.0, 1.0);      glGenTextures(1, &img);    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, img);    glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8,  512, 512, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);    glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);    glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);    glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);    glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR);    glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE);    glGenerateMipmapEXT(GL_TEXTURE_2D);    glColor3d (0.5, 0.5, 0.5);     glBegin( GL_QUADS );		glTexCoord2f(0, 0);		glVertex2f(-1, -1);		glTexCoord2f(0, 1);		glVertex2f(-1,  1);		glTexCoord2f(1, 1);		glVertex2f( 1,  1);		glTexCoord2f(1, 0);		glVertex2f( 1, -1);    glEnd();    glutSwapBuffers();}void init(){       glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);    glClearColor ( 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 );    initExtensions();    glGenFramebuffersEXT(1, &fbo);    glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, fbo);    GLuint depthbuffer;    glGenRenderbuffersEXT(1, &depthbuffer);    glBindRenderbufferEXT(GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, depthbuffer);    glRenderbufferStorageEXT(GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT, 512, 512);    glFramebufferRenderbufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT_EXT, GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, depthbuffer);    glGenTextures(1, &img);    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, img);    glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8,  512, 512, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);    glFramebufferTexture2DEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, img, 0);    GLenum status = glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT);}void reshape(int w, int h){    glViewport(0,0,w,h);    glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);    glLoadIdentity();    gluPerspective ( 60.0, (GLfloat)w/(GLfloat)h, 1.0, 60.0 );    glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);    glLoadIdentity();    gluLookAt (0, 0, 10, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0);}

So I want to render to texture blue teapot on red background and then apply it to the quad. I checked if what I want to render into framebuffer renders fine in the screen - that's it. All other code I use from sample.
But the app shows only a black quad (obviously, nothing, because it is on the black background :)). When I disable GL_TEXTURE_2D I can see the gray quad. So the problem is in texture generating/mapping - but I can't find it.
Thanks for everything that could help,
Peter.
Does your framebuffer status equal GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE ?
Quote:Original post by stanlo
Does your framebuffer status equal GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE ?

No. My video card is GeForce 5600 FX, so it should support this extension.
Oops, its value is GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT...
I thought that GeForce 5600 FX supports RTT via frame buffers - but where can be a problem here?
I think your extension loader isn't working because your missing the prefix 'gl', ie: you have "GenRenderbuffersEXT", and you need "glGenRenderbuffersEXT".

My source looks like
PROC glGetProcAddress(LPCSTR addr){	PROC ret = wglGetProcAddress(addr);	if (ret == NULL)		WriteLogInfo("Unable to load OpenGL Extension %s()", addr);	return ret;}void LoadGlExtensions(){...other extensions...glGenRenderbuffersEXT = (PFNGLGENRENDERBUFFERSEXTPROC)glGetProcAddress("glGenRenderbuffersEXT");	glDeleteRenderbuffersEXT = (PFNGLDELETERENDERBUFFERSEXTPROC)glGetProcAddress("glDeleteRenderbuffersEXT");	glIsRenderbufferEXT = (PFNGLISRENDERBUFFEREXTPROC)glGetProcAddress("glIsRenderbufferEXT");	glBindRenderbufferEXT = (PFNGLBINDRENDERBUFFEREXTPROC)glGetProcAddress("glBindRenderbufferEXT");	glRenderbufferStorageEXT = (PFNGLRENDERBUFFERSTORAGEEXTPROC)glGetProcAddress("glRenderbufferStorageEXT");	glGetRenderbufferParameterivEXT = (PFNGLGETRENDERBUFFERPARAMETERIVEXTPROC)glGetProcAddress("glGetRenderbufferParameterivEXT");..etc...}

It points out if it has any troubling loading of the extensions via my logging function (Which I find handy in debugging it on other computers, as well).

Hope I could help,
~Zix

[Edited by - zix99 on March 27, 2007 2:37:20 PM]
---------------------------------------------------Game Programming Resources, Tutorials, and Multimedia | Free Skyboxes
Quote:Original post by Garret
So the problem is in texture generating/mapping - but I can't find it.
Thanks for everything that could help,
Peter.

The problem is that you generate and then attach a texture in the init function and then each time you run through the display function you setup a new texture and fill it with nothing and then draw that texture on the quad.

In short; the program is doing what you asked it to.
Thanks for both of you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement