• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Can I draw a textured triangle strip with DirectX 9?

This topic is 3988 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using Delphi 2006 with a DirectX v9.0 wrapper called Asphyre. It doesn't support triangle strips (or texturing except using quads) but I'm hoping that I can get enough information to do it myself. Basically I'm creating a 2D game like Worms or Scorched Earth and I'm using a polygon for the terrain. I'm then using Alan Muarta's General Polygon Clipping library to convert the terrain polygon to a tristrip. How can I textured and render these tristrips? I'd just like to use one BIG texture (2000x1000 pixels) to lay on top of the terrain, so each tri-strip will be a piece of the terrain image...

Advertisement
Is this a Delphi/Asphyre specific question? You should be able to just make a DrawPrimitive call of some sort, and pass something like D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP in as the primitive type. Not being able to texture anything but quads is kind of a big limitation, I'd look into using a different wrapper if that's all you can do.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement