• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ThreeDParadox

OpenGL push and pop matrix

This topic is 4135 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok im just learning Direct3D. I was just wondering if there were functions like the opengl push and pop matrix functions, and the load identity also. Do they work the same as in OpenGL, where load ident pushes the identity to the top of the matrix stack, then u push, do calcs, trans, rots, render, then pop and your back to the identity? Im sure im just not looking hard enough through the direct 3d stuff, but i just cant seem to find it if there is. Thanks

Advertisement
You're probably looking for the ID3DXMATRIXStack interface. It's not actually built into the pipeline like in OpenGL, but you can integrate it into your own programs easily enough.

THANK YOU. i couldnt find anything like that, what is D3DX? If it was built by microsoft like direct x, why wasnt it just put in to the direct x framework and not something seperate? Thanks though, that was exactly what is was looking for.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!