• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
peacenas

Modified Chain Code

This topic is 4131 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello...I'm final year student and now are doing final year project.My project is base in MATLAB progamming and image processing.My problem is i'm not familiar with this image processing and i hope somebody can help me.My project is about Modified Chain Code.As i know,Chain Code is only read the closed shape pixel but in my case i must modified it to make it read the junction of a bw image.As an example is 'F' alphabet that have 2 junction.All the pixel(X,Y) and dirction(8 neighbours) would be display in interface using image processing toolbox in MATLAB...i hope someone can help me to do this project... Thank You.. -Regards- Peacenas

Advertisement
Hehe, trying to get help on your Uni project, eh?

I'd google 'edge detection' for a start, that might help.

The basic idea is to look at the difference between the colour of each pixel and those near it. In the case of letters, you might only want to compare with those directly above / below / to the side of it. I'm not quite sure how the details would work though...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!