Monday, April 2, 2007

Started by
8 comments, last by Maveryck 15 years, 7 months ago
GDC ended weeks ago, but then we had the ActiveX exploit issue, which we finally addressed yesterday (thanks again, Superpig!) All of this has distracted me from the workshop, and from drawing in general. We'll get started again on Monday, April 2, so break out your pencils!
Advertisement
I will have to take a break since I am in Japan since 25th of March and will stay until 16th of April. But when I come back I will come back at full force!
Sorry for the double post, but I have been away as you can notice from my previous post. The trip abroad followed by a double exams period killed me literally :(

Now a new semester started and it is a very pressd schedules with Saturdays even full. I will try to do something for the workshop since I would hate to just drop it but I can't promise anything right now.
so where can i find the daily drawing practice things?

(sorry, im a tad oblivious)
I am not even sure they still have them.....
Heya!
How does this work?
drewcaine
The Freehand Drawing Workshop was suspended due to irregularity and low participation over a year ago. Hopefully, a new workshop will be conducted sometime in the coming year, but it will have to wait for the deployment of a proper workshop module from GDNet.

Submitting and grading images is rather more complex than source code, which made participation more difficult. The future workshop module will include a submission mechanism to alleviate this process, as well as support for videos (so the instructor is not trying to demonstrate visual techniques... verbally).

The workshop may actually be revived before the software is delivered, once support for YouTube and other video posting sites is added to the site, but don't hold me to that.
Oluseyi:

What is the current status of this workshop? Can we anticipate a start date in early 2009?

Maveryck
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.
There are two limitations. The first is that bending forum software for a workshop that required a lot of image uploads wasn't working out very well. We're developing a workshop module for V5, however (yes, V5 is in active development; the error reporting framework was recently completed, for instance), which I eagerly anticipate using for this workshop.

Alternately, I may whip up an isolated module and host it off-site (say, on my personal domain).

The other limitation is my preparing the course materials. I have a number of higher-priority tasks, so my estimate of a new start date would be end of Q1 or start of Q2 2009 - March or April, basically.

Is that cool?
Cool.

So I'm on on the right track here. Is this a workshop for the software Freehand or a workshop on learning and improving hands-on drawing skills? I didn't find a post describing the previous workshop contents.
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement