TI-83 "repeat" & "or" function. HELP plz

Started by
26 comments, last by Terrafirma 17 years ago
a pound sign!

#
Advertisement
I'll use a "#". do you have any suggestions on how to code it?
<_< >_> isn't a pound sign one of the characters the calc can output? If not, then choose another one ^_^
You're absolutely right! I'll use a circle or pi. lol
Quote:Original post by Terrafirma

<snip>

That codes displays an "X" at the points (5,5) which can be moved. an X is left in it's place (I'll clean that part up later, too much logic involved to do it now lol ^_^). Now I need to add an object that moves around so I can dodge it. any suggestions?

To get rid of that pesky ghost "X", just move that ClrHome inside of the while loop. Clearing everything every time means you'll have to draw everything every time, but you're already set up to handle this.

Oh, and thanks for the tips RE: Not Wasting Space. Another trick for the toolbelt!
if I use ClrHome, it'll make everything blink as it moves. I would have to take the variable and change it to match the last position and put a space in it. but that takes too long.

[Edited by - Terrafirma on April 5, 2007 10:15:15 AM]
Don't close things unless you absolutely have to. Output(X,Y,"X is better than Output(X,Y,"X"). It's also Output(Y,X,... (X and Y are reversed) IIRC.

Avoid using X and especially Y. Both are special variables that can get destroyed when, for example, you display the graph screen. (Hint: Using Input with no arguments lets you pick a location on the graph, that is stored in X,Y).

You can print large characters to the graph screen if you use Text(-1,Y,X,... rather than the usual Text(Y,X,....

As recommended in the other thread, look into xLIB.

Disclaimer: I'm an assembly programmer, not a BASIC programmer, so I might be telling porkies. I'm just trying to dredge up some memories. [smile]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

benryves can you tell me what you know about the "repeat" function? I need to know the syntax.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement