MMO Devolopment, criticism needed, I know you have alot of this

Started by
13 comments, last by 3toedgecko 17 years ago
Quote:Original post by 3toedgecko
That why I was planning on hiring people instead of using them after all programmers are pretty cheap.

Hmm..
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by SimonForsman
That why I was planning on hiring people instead of using them after all programmers are pretty cheap.

Hmm..

there cheap if they have no experience,
the problem is that building any kind of mmo with a team thats has no experience is practically sentencing your project to death before its even started.

for a mmo of this scale you need people with skills in
-general game development
-databases
-network design
-network security
-distributed architecture
-3d graphics
-mathematics

Quote:Original post by Kaze
Quote:Original post by SimonForsman

Hmm..

there cheap if they have no experience,
the problem is that building any kind of mmo with a team thats has no experience is practically sentencing your project to death before its even started.

for a mmo of this scale you need people with skills in
-general game development
-databases
-network design
-network security
-distributed architecture
-3d graphics
-mathematics

Pretty much what i was thinking, Though even inexperienced programmers are quite expensive. (Assuming they have a degree)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Important question: How many games have you designed (and/or been in charge of) and successfully completed prior to this one?

Working for WeWantToKnow. Also working on jMonkeyEngine and Maker's Tale.

Even experienced programmers are relatively cheap in the Philippines.
I never intended to base this in North America.
So far I have done one self made game for self use, its pretty much a basic balloon popper that i use to train for fps.

I have done some slightly relevant work,
In 3d landscape, Photoshop.

and a 2d RPG that barely fits the description of a game (the games so bad i usually don't even mention it) that I made awhile back.

So far my plan is to condition myself for the next year by making a few simple games and some mods.
Then move on to the phils and gather the team depending on there collective experience move on to greater projects eventually going to the mmorpg/fps.

Thanks for the list, simon the only problem may be the person in general game design those may be hard to find in developing Asia

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement