Hello World failure

Started by
18 comments, last by solidsnake_m16 17 years ago
Well i ahve taken your advice on starting with either C# or PY so i took the liberty of choosing C# (as i tried PY and only seen that it does make 2d only games and i wanna do 3d games + i don't have much time to go into the 2d phase unless it is a must) Problem is every single document-book-tutorial i find on the internet somehow assumes am super C#-C-C++ genuis some how every book i read sudenly jump from what does C# means into write this code and here u done ur first program without even bothering to tell me what i have just done any help regarding this ... Thank you very much
Advertisement
Slow down man, whats the rush. It's unreasonable to go straight to 3D programming without taking the time and care to know how to program first. The tutorials and books are not assuming you are a super genius, they are just slowly trying to build up your knowledge of programming, even if it is temporarily superficial.

After you become better at programming, then you start to understand WHY you do certain things. Until then, just relax, slow down, and pay attention to what the tutorial is telling you.

Forget about 3D for now, infact forget about graphics. This may sound harsh, but understand that the things you want are things you have to spend a great amount of time sowing, so you may later reap.
Sure is a big 'ol world.
You should take a look at MSDN - get it straight from the horse's mouth (there is a "new to C#" section, and there are video tutorials available).

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:i don't have much time to go into the 2d phase unless it is a must

The jump from no graphics to 3D graphics is HUGE. I'm doing 2D graphics atm and even that's a large jump from no graphics. By doing 2D, you'll learn a lot of the concepts that you'll need for 3D. I guess if you're an absolute genius and know mathematics very well you'll manage but otherwise I'd really recommend doing 2D...

As far as books go, go here. The first link looks quite good.
Thank you all very much for replying the MSDN link is good i am trying it along with the search provided too getting some good knowledge (though i couldn't use VC#2005 EE as i don't hve SP 2 for some piracy issue)

about graphics actaully before i realised i wanna be a game designer i startted to learn 3d studio max and by now i can model stuff very good (as far as they aren't as complicated as a human) lil bit of animation and lil bit of texture (though 90% of the time i let a freind of mine do the texturing for me)

that is from where i said i don't wanna be into 2d before 3d that is all but as u guys are pros then u know better than me so any suggestion what 2d stuff i ought to learn along with C# so i can speed a lil my dream that is all (i just wanna speed it a lil not like do it in a day or so got some IRL problems that semi-obligate me to do those stuff lil faster that is all)

Edit : about me finding tutorials going fast is just i had a PY book at first time i treid any programing it took a whole chapter to start making anything like that all
Quote:Original post by solidsnake_m16
Thank you all very much for replying the MSDN link is good i am trying it along with the search provided too getting some good knowledge (though i couldn't use VC#2005 EE as i don't hve SP 2 for some piracy issue)
So what are you using for C# development then? And what do you mean "some piracy issue"? We don't take kindly to software piracy on GDNet.
[...]
(though i couldn't use VC#2005 EE as i don't hve SP 2 for some piracy issue)
[...]

Lol, except a banhammer to rain down on your head REAL soon. I've dialed the R for Ravuya.

Just install it.
Well i ahve taken your advice on starting with either C# or PY so i took the liberty of choosing C# (as i tried PY and only seen that it does make 2d only games and i wanna do 3d games + i don't have much time to go into the 2d phase unless it is a must)

It is a must. And before you do 2d games, it is a must that you make text-based apps to learn the language.

Learning to program (and learning to program games) takes time. That's just how it is. And no, it does not get easier by skipping the first steps.
Well when i bought my PC the guy i bought from gave me a win xp CD as a gift so i installed it and all but later when i tried to get SP 1 and SP 2 as normal updates for win i found out that my CD key isn't validate so that is how i got scammed :S and i am using sharp develop 2.1

Anything better i can use ?? unless somehow i can get SP 2 on this PC to instal VC# 2005 EE

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement