Sign in to follow this  
zanobia

Any Help On this..? How to replace Headers/libs & add new ones??

Hello, I have a project already built using VS.Net 2003, I need to build its installer after replacing existing headers & add new ones. I already moved the folders of these Include, Lib, bin & reference folders inside the project main folder & then i added their new paths through: Tools -- Options -- Projects -- VC++ Directories.. Then I built each part separately.. in order specified in project.. I got some warnings about dependencies .. that i ignored .. Then generated the installer file. Now: when i installed the "New Version", I got the same dll files that i had before adding the header files..!!! Anyone can help me & tell me what to do.. to replace existing files or add new files.. Thanks in Advance...

Hi,

Not sure your question is very clear, but this is an obvious problem.

Quote:
Original post by zanobia
I got some warnings about dependencies .. that i ignored ..

Can you explain a bit more about what you have, or what you are trying to achieve.

Sounds like you tried to do too much in one go !

Adding headers and moving folders, take one step at a time.

And just a question, you mention, include/lib/bin & reference folders ...
Are these project folders, or are you trying to move an SDK ??

Hello,
Sorry to be late.. i was out for training..

Actually, i have a module that is using an engine of recognition..
im new in VS .Net .. I dont know how to enhance the existing module (that is built using VS.Net2003) by getting the latest version of the SDK engine..
I installed the SDK kit & dont know how to include its lib/headers to the existing module & re-build it to generate new installer..

I tried to includ these new header files & references just by adding them through Tools--Options--Projects --etc but the new generated installed was still keeping the old headers & bin file..(i checked sizes of files)

Hope it became more clear now

Thank alot for ur reply...

Regrads,