Programming RPG's with DirectX Book

Started by
0 comments, last by Sevans 17 years ago
Any one used this book, or know where (if) there is a website for it. The link given in the book, and found through searching this forum, only links to 'Jim Adams' old book. I have found several thread with issues on this book, and various problems being able to compile or run the code.
It's not until we have fallen, we realize how much it hurts !
Advertisement
I own this book actually. It is really great. I must admit I never finished it, but I frequently use it as a reference.

What is it that you would like to get out of this book? It is different from what I expected, but in a good way. The majority of the book is spent building a game engine. The engine itself is simple and damn good for someone still learning. I no longer use the engine, but building it helped me fully understand the basic inner workings of a game engine. Because of that, I have had no problem picking up pre-built engines and learning to use them in a rather short amount of time.

So all in all, I highly suggest this book. It will walk you through the game design process from design to polish. And give you an understanding of how (I use the following term loosely) modern games work. Plus you can pick them up on half.com for real cheap.

Oh and another nice thing, the CD that comes with the book works wonderfully. The code compiles and the examples run!

Goodluck!

-sevans
-Sevans

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement