Sign in to follow this  
Skorpien126

Is it possible to....

Hey @ All, I have a more general question. I want to capture every possible video-output of my PC. This includes Situations when I have more than one GraphicCard and/or the GraphicCard has multiple Outputs(S-VideoOutput, one or more VGA/XVGA Outputs). Why I need this... I want to control multiple Projectors with my DirectX-Application. Therefor I select an output.... and visualize it. Is it possible.... what´s the best way. Thank in advance.

Unless the card exposes multiple adapters, one for each output, you're stuffed. Most cards will just output the same signal to all the outputs on the card. Where a card has two VGA outputs, it usually supports two adapters.

Ok ... Thx for the answers.
I currently take my first experiences in DirectX and I guess that I could get it to work.

I found that:

I can iterate over the adapter(correspondending to a grpahiccard) and create devices. Furthermore I can use the presentParams to define forms for "MultiHead"-Output. So I quess that it´s possible to write to each output.

What potentionally doesn´t seem to work is caputure each Output...I still search some other Thread and found different Screenshot Methods. But I didn´t get it work.. so before I waste more 2 sunny days. Is it possible to enable "screenshots/live-streaming" for each output... Is Direct3D the best way???

Thx in advance.