Sign in to follow this  
rsyerigan

C# Tutorials

yes i've been there but all the tutorials are on windows applications im looking for more programing like code and games.. am i missing something there in the tutorials or is C# the wrong language for me?

The tutorials on this page may help.

http://www.microsoft.com/events/series/msdnvisualcsharp.mspx

If your serious about learning to program games you may want to go through the
other video's to learn some important items.

A few links (they're not really to help you learn to basics, and aren't arranged in the style of a tutorial but perhaps they'll help in some way):

A bunch of miscellaneous ones - more technical aspects of .NET itself, focussing on new features etc
Another bunch - These might well be closer to what you're looking for, I suggest taking a peek
Video from Chief Architect - not really beginner's stuff, but it looks like he covers some of the nice candy in C#3.0
Channel9 - Has lots of good stuff on a whole variety of things (it's a sort of amateur studio inside Microsoft that interviews the techies - so it can be interesting, and isn't as biased as it might be)

Also, this Google search looks promising (2 of the above four links were originally from this search, the other two appear in the hits).

These are all videos.

in my opinion C# sucks, the .NET library is really nice but in C# you have extra commands to make the code not decompilable. If you don't do that it is possible to decompile the executable and get a mostly real clean code. Why do you want to use C# instead of C++?

Quote:
Original post by KDSBest
in my opinion C# sucks, the .NET library is really nice but in C# you have extra commands to make the code not decompilable. If you don't do that it is possible to decompile the executable and get a mostly real clean code. Why do you want to use C# instead of C++?

This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question. It's pure flamebait.

It's a pretty silly reason to declare that "C# sucks" too.

Anyways, codesampler.com has some nice c# ports of it's simple c++ demos.

But just spend some time using google.com. There's 1000000 tutorials and demos about c# game development out there.

Quote:
Original post by KDSBest

Flame bait indeed. But I restrain myself.

Thanks everyone so far I cant wait to check them out!

Also to the flamer, I'm actually learning C# and C++ at the same time kinda but doing more work in C# reason being that I was told my C++ code would be cleaner if I learned C# first =]

Keep 'em coming guys and gals!

Hey, if your learning C# and are getting into games programming then you could look at XNA. I'm a C# developer and have just started to get into games programming as a hobby and I'm learning XNA - there's loads of tutorials on MSDN and there are also video tutorials here: http://www.xnatutorial.com/ .

Hope this helps,

James