OpenGL updating???

Started by
13 comments, last by Eitsch 17 years ago
Quote:Original post by SimonForsman
Quote:Original post by KulSeran
Any NVIDIA_ or ATI_ extention will ONLY be available on that vendors cards, of the approriate hardware level.

Not quite true, My ATI X1600 mobile card thingy has support for some gl_nv extensions and my GF7800GTX card has support for a bunch of gl_ati extensions.

QFT.
Advertisement
Hi and Wow.

I have problems!!!

I downloaded the the GLee SDK and included every file where they are supposed to be.
In "include\gl" I put glee.h and glee.c and the .lib, I put just in the lib dir of the SDKPlatform. Using VS 8 or 2005...

Today I wrote some gl code with buffer objects.
The first thing happend was this:
1>Linking...1>CNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _pglBufferData1>CNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _pglBindBuffer1>CNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _pglGenBuffers

Then I added:
#pragma comment(lib, "GLee.lib" )

Then, the linker said:
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBC.lib'

In the internet I found that i can overcome this problem by including
"LIBC.lib" to the linke exclude libraries input field.

This worked. But what does it mean?
The vertices in the buffer objects arent drawn!
Could this problem rely on the ignored "LIBC.lib"?

With the debugger, I can say, that glGenBuffers is working, because I get
successive numbers from it.

Maybe I open a new thread for the buffer object problem?!

But another questeon according the files.
When I include the glext.h which is 1.2 or 1.3, I havent no newer version(!)
how can I use the features included in the next versions?
For example buffer object, which are included in v1.5?

?
Alex
I prefer to add extensions in myself as I need them rather than use a 3rd party lib. Doing things this way also forces you to see all the functionality required for a extension. Here is my handy macro:
#define OGLEXT(x,y) y = (x) wglGetProcAddress(#y); if(y == NULL) return -1;

Use this macro in a function like HRESULT InitOpenGL()

hr = InitOpenGL()
if(FAILED(hr))
<freak out>
I was unable to get the .LIB from GLee to work myself.

However, you can compile it yourself - just add the GLee.c and GLee.h files to your project and call GLeeInit() after you create your rendering context, but before you do any extension stuff.
hackerkey://v4sw7+8CHS$hw6+8ln6pr8O$ck4ma4+9u5Lw7VX$m0l5Ri8ONotepad++/e3+8t3b8AORTen7+9a17s0r4g8OP
just add the glee.c file into your project, include the glee.h before gl.h and stuff like this and everything should work fine!

and god...directNoob..... don't be so pessimistic/prejudiced! opengl has its advantages. for example you can access some features like features in directX 10 (if you driver supports it) without new directx Versions. just load the extension and get the newest driver.....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement