Sign in to follow this  
henrykahn

New To The Forums

Hi my name is Henry and I am new to the forum and have no idea about anything in the game developement field. I would like to get some education about game development and learn a few things. I was wondering is there enough technology and resources as of yet to creat a game based on the movie Stay Alive. With voice recognition and all? If you haven't seen the movie heres a brief summary. It is a online game played on the computer, laptops, and on a console in the movie. In the beginning of the game you have to say a prayer with voice recognition (its a horror game dealing with reviving a dead evil soul) in the movie's story it is an "underground" video game that a couple friends found and if you die in the game you die in the exact same way in real. Anyways I just wanted to see if it is possible to make a video game of that level( not dying in real that would be murder, lol ) and I would like to learn about game development and maybe gather a few other private developers and make it with them. I dont want to deal with companies just a group of people who have the knowledge of game developing and I would like to start a developer company in the future called "Underground Games" where its just a group of friends making a couple games.

Real-time voice recognition is quite viable these days. I haven't seen it implemented in many games (the Nintendo DS being an almost notably exceptional platform), but I don't see why it couldn't be.

Unfortunately for you, there are lots of people with ideas who want to make games, but far fewer skilled developers willing to take orders. If you'd like to learn about practical game development, a good place to start is here. You may also have some success in the Help Wanted forum, but you'll have to be prepared to compromise. Good luck, nonetheless.

Admiral