• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
op_nexus

[SOLVED]Dynamic Motions with Predefined Animations using CAL3d

This topic is 4213 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I m using Cal3d for animations in my game . I need help in mixing some dynamic bone motions with predefined ones . When i rotate any bone , i m able to do that but only when there is no animations loaded on my character, but otherwise it is not rotated. May be i know wht the reason behind this is that when an animation is loaded then it updates all bones according to the defined animation data , that is why any of my rotations are not done at the time when an animation is loaded. Can anybody help that how can i rotate a bone along with my predefined skeletal animations ? Edit:- I was able to do that. Here is what i did , hope this can help any other programmer in mixing runtime motions with predefined animations using Cal3d I brought my bone to its core state ( the state where it was before animations) then i applied the rotations to this bone and updated the skeleton to calculate the original state and finally i got the o/p. [Edited by - op_nexus on April 6, 2007 3:46:43 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!