Sign in to follow this  
Prasath_AMD

How Can I Learn Game Programming.......

I Am living in India.Studying B.Sc CS-II-Year.There are no institutes here that teach game programming. But I am very interested and I had learnt C++ & Win32 API all myself by reading books.I am beginning to develop some really basic 2D Games now.I Studied '2D Game Programming with the Win32 API' by reading a book: 'Beginning Game Programming' - Michael Morrison Now I am looking forward to learn DirectX/OpenGL.And I was looking on "gameinstitute.com " to learn DirectX. What do you think of "GI" infact I don't need a lot of help for studying as I can learn most of the things myself and I am dedicated to game programming. And which is more important when applying for a Job? Is it the "Certificate and Qualification" or "Capabilities"

ability and skill count for more than anything, doesnt really matter too much what you learn (definitly start simple). i mean before i even knew how games where developed i used borland c++ to get some shapes moving around a form to make a simple arkanoid clone, the only way to learn is actually making games, but yeh DX and OGL are the way forward

Hi, if you are good programmer and can also program in win32 API it is pretty good [cool]. Make some simple 2D games and understand the basics and read more books to gain knowledge and get ideas.

I am also looking if I can join some institute or course where they teach us about making games and technologies involved in it but as of now just trying to improve my skills. c++, data strutures, OS.