Your recent art work....

Started by
41 comments, last by Art_Soul 16 years, 11 months ago
This isn't exactly new, but it's the only character illustration I've had time to do in the last few months.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Advertisement
nice colours salsa

havent had much time lately :(
Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937
i really don't think my lighting is too horrible, but because the book was only $10 i have it ordered with expedited shipping, hopefully i'll recieve it by friday :).

I don't think he is calling your lighting horrible, just that it can be improved. Everyone has something they can work on [wink] I have the second edition of that book and it is phenomenal. It takes everything you've learned about digital lighting (plus more) and eloquently puts it all together. I would go for the 2nd ed if I were you, because it was written after Birn had gotten himself a job at Pixar and served as Lighting Technnical Director on Cars and The Incredibles. He rewrote several chapters to make things a bit more "current".

That being said, your stuff is certainly coming along!
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Quote:Original post by zer0wolf
Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937
i really don't think my lighting is too horrible, but because the book was only $10 i have it ordered with expedited shipping, hopefully i'll recieve it by friday :).

I don't think he is calling your lighting horrible, just that it can be improved. Everyone has something they can work on [wink] I have the second edition of that book and it is phenomenal. It takes everything you've learned about digital lighting (plus more) and eloquently puts it all together. I would go for the 2nd ed if I were you, because it was written after Birn had gotten himself a job at Pixar and served as Lighting Technnical Director on Cars and The Incredibles. He rewrote several chapters to make things a bit more "current".

That being said, your stuff is certainly coming along!

thanks, i may buy the second edition, however the first just arrived today so i'll more than likely ive that a good read first.

and a new model to show off. i was a bit wastful on polys and could reduce it some, however i like the slight extra details and feel it doesn't hurt performance that much, if at all compared to fill rate limitations.

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Art_Soul:
I like it except I can't figure out where the blue light source is, is it hidden in his cloak?
Quote:Original post by Qitsune
Art_Soul:
I like it except I can't figure out where the blue light source is, is it hidden in his cloak?

I thought it was reflected off the ice in the cave. Then again, I immediately connected the drawing to the "Nordic fantasy" tradition...
Yep, but there is a cloak between his armpits and the cave, that should obstruct the light.
Yep, but there is a cloak between his armpits and the cave, that should obstruct the light.

If he's inside the cave, the walls will be on all sides of him [wink].

Ice in a "Nordic fantasy"-type cave would likely also be on the floor.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement