Your recent art work....

Started by
41 comments, last by Art_Soul 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Qitsune
Art_Soul:
I like it except I can't figure out where the blue light source is, is it hidden in his cloak?

There isn't mean to be a blue light source.

Because of some of the previous feedback I had received I tried to do more interesting things with the colouring, shadowing and lighting. The blue on the skin is meant to be a shadow, not a light! I was trying to go for the translucent effect that skin has by giving it that type of shading.

Lol. Looks like that experiment didn't quite work out ;)
Advertisement
Look at some Delacroix, very closely, and you'll understand better about shadow colours.
-------------www.robg3d.com
Is it photoshop? is the blue on a different layer? maybe you can set the layer to multiply and see how it turns out. But I command you for experimenting with non-black shadows, when you figure it out you'll have done tremendous progress.

I didn't make the original frame (on the left), but I made the 3 others. We blend 2 of the 4 frames together depending on the HP% of our enemies to reflect them slowly getting weaker and weaker.

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

It would be easier just to go to myDeviantArt account.

Here is something relatively new(a banner for our game):

The pixel art is in MSPaint and the rest is Photoshop.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Quote:Original post by Anna
Some drawings I made for my college application portfolio:

You're pictures look anime-ish. Are you an anime fan or am I just guessing really really wrong here?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:Original post by Anna
Some drawings I made for my college application portfolio:

You're pictures look anime-ish. Are you an anime fan or am I just guessing really really wrong here?

I will go out on a limb and say I believe that MUST be anime, and nicely done anime at that.
I'm not very good a computer drawing. I only got small items and stuff.
These are some RPG items:

RPG Items

I also drew a good 3D thorny branch but i do not have a scanner so i pethetically tried to draw it on paint:

Torns

EDIT: ERGG...can someone tell me how to put pictures up from imageshack?? I looked in the FAQ, and i followed the directions. Can someone put an example of the code?

Quote:Original post by mmoWoWmkr
I'm not very good a computer drawing. I only got small items and stuff.
These are some RPG items:

RPG Items

I also drew a good 3D thorny branch but i do not have a scanner so i pethetically tried to draw it on paint:

Torns

EDIT: ERGG...can someone tell me how to put pictures up from imageshack?? I looked in the FAQ, and i followed the directions. Can someone put an example of the code?

no clue, code looks fine to me.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
For your images, you need to use the location of the image itself, not just the page the image is on:

gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement