glBegin(GL_QUADS);
	glColor3f(1,1,1);
	glTexCoord2f(0.5,0.59);glVertex2f(-2,1);
	glTexCoord2f(1,0.59);glVertex2f(2,1);
	glTexCoord2f(1,1);glVertex2f(2,-1);
	glTexCoord2f(0.5,1);glVertex2f(-2,-1);
	glEnd();
}
all i'm doing is rotating each enemy to face the character, and yet only the 1st one follows it the way it should. i have everyone drawn in the middle, and i translate and rotate, so it should rotate around its center. however, after the first object, everything rotates around the whole entire screen, and i have no clue as to why...what could be causing this? btw, FindAngle() code:

float FindAngle(CVector point1,CVector point2)
{
	CVector lookAt1 = CVector(point1.x - point2.x,point1.y - point2.y,point1.z - point2.z);
	lookAt1.Normalize();
	float radians3 = atan2(lookAt1.y,lookAt1.x);	
	return (180.0f * (radians3 + 90.0f) / PI);
}
Thanks for the help, --nathan
Advertisement
Try:
for(b = 0;b < numberEnemies;b++){    glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); // Just in case...    glPushMatrix();    glTranslatef(enemies.position.x,enemies.position.y,0);    glRotatef(FindAngle(m_character.position,enemies.position) + 90,0,0,1);    glBegin(GL_QUADS);    glColor3f(1,1,1);    glTexCoord2f(0.5,0.59);glVertex2f(-2,1);    glTexCoord2f(1,0.59);glVertex2f(2,1);    glTexCoord2f(1,1);glVertex2f(2,-1);    glTexCoord2f(0.5,1);glVertex2f(-2,-1);    glEnd();    glPopMatrix();}
As it is now, the transform for each object is being concatenated with the combined transforms of all the previous objects, which is not what you want.
thank you very much jyk, it seems i should go to bed earlier so my mind is a little more fresh :P instead of putting the push and pop inside the loop i put it outisde of it...overthinking myself
but putting the push and pop inside the loop worked the problem out, so thanks

--nathan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement