Sign in to follow this  
robydx

DirectX10 and GetDimension

I want to use the instruction GetDimension described in DirectX Help. // Given these declarations Texture2D g_2DTexture; uint width; uint levels; g_2DTexture.GetDimension( 0, &width, &levels ); But: 1)the compiler tell me that & doesn't exist 2)after some tryes the compiler tell me that the right name is GetDimensions 3)I can't find the right signature for the method Anyone has solved this mystery?

Best I can do is confirm I've seen the exact same problem - I was trying to use it a while back and couldn't get anywhere with it!

I've not looked into it since and I had a slight suspicion it was a weakness in the HLSL compiler I was using, so I might try it again with the April SDK - which SDK are you using?

I'm not on my dev-box right now, but I've got a feeling theres a code fragment in one of the Nvidia/AMD/Microsoft slide decks from GDC'07 for using this function, so you might want to try flicking through those to see if it is there. Some interesting stuff in those slides either way, so it wouldn't be a waste of time [smile]

hth
Jack

with april SDK works in this way

uint dimension;
uint lod;
texture2D myTex;

myTex.GetDimensions(dimension,lod);

but return only the first dimension (the width).
bettern than nothing