Sign in to follow this  
ggp83

offline .NET framework class reference?

Is there an offline class reference for the .NET framework? I just can't seem to find it, and browsing microsofts website is soo sloow it's killing me...

The MSDN library is the offline reference: You typically get it with Visual Studio or an MSDN subscription. However it was also made a public download a while ago, I think this is the latest release (you'll either need to be able to burn DVDs, or use ISO Buster or some other software to extract the files). Be warned that it's a couple GB, it's a lot of documentation (covering not just .NET, but most of the SDKs and and such too).

If that is too big, I think the subset of MSDN that's included with the Express editions (that ~250MB of help) covers all of the .NET library, with the rest of MSDN accessed via online search.

Quote:
Original post by Michalson
The MSDN library is the offline reference: You typically get it with Visual Studio or an MSDN subscription. However it was also made a public download a while ago, I think this is the latest release (you'll either need to be able to burn DVDs, or use ISO Buster or some other software to extract the files). Be warned that it's a couple GB, it's a lot of documentation (covering not just .NET, but most of the SDKs and and such too).

If that is too big, I think the subset of MSDN that's included with the Express editions (that ~250MB of help) covers all of the .NET library, with the rest of MSDN accessed via online search.

Thanks, downloading it now :) Nothing's to big for my 100mbit line, it can swallow the most :D