Sign in to follow this  
samhg

Probability/Combination program help needed.

Hi, I am trying to build probability/combination program in Vb .NET. This program should do: The user will input or enter the entire or part of the English alphabet. The program will also ask for the number of maximum digits the user wants the alphabet to be combined with. And than the program announces all possible digit alphabet values that can be arranged from the amount of entered English alphabet values (Which is a maximum of 26 letters) For example: The user enters all 26 letters of the possible English Alphabet. And then he/she enters the maximum letters combination. such as (in a calculator this would look like) (nPr) n=total number of possible letters P=probability r=maximum digits lets pretend there are only 6 letters in the English Alphabet and the user wants to see the possible 2 letter combinations from the total of 6. The user will enter a b c d e f and enter 2 for the maximum value. aka [SIZE=3](6P2)[/SIZE] The user should see this list: aa ab ac ad ae af ba bb bc bd be bf ca cb cc cd ce cf da db dc dd de df ea eb ec ed ee ef Total Number of : 30 possible combinations so the user will see all the possibilities and the calculated number. same thing will apply to 6P3 12P8 26P9 26P4 etc... I have to do this for a computer project but don't even know where to begin any help is greatly appreciated and I am even willing to pay. Plz help, I have to get this done with in 3 days. You can post here or aim = dab33r msn = manager@enhanced-graphics.com

Quote:
Original post by samhg
It is not a homework.

Quote:
Original post by samhg
I have to do this for a computer project but don't even know where to begin any help is greatly appreciated and I am even willing to pay. Plz help, I have to get this done with in 3 days.

With all fair dues, it certainly sounds like one. :-) Explain what you mean by a 'computer project' and why you have a deadline of 3 days, and you'll likely get better responses.