MSVC++ .net 2005 express and collapsible blocks

Started by
7 comments, last by MARS_999 17 years ago
Where are the collapsible blocks for statements like switch and other keywords? I only have the ability to collapse function blocks... Thanks
Advertisement
try:
#region put_a_region_name_here//your code goes in here that you want to collapse#endregion
Sorry that didn't work.

One other question about MSVC++ .net 2005 Express edition. I am not sure but am thinking that the code you develope with it will not run on another computer? I tried to run a .exe file on my Gf's computer to see if I can figure out a bug I have and it will not even launch?

Thanks
Quote:Original post by Moe
#region put_a_region_name_here//your code goes in here that you want to collapse#endregion
Quote:Original post by MARS_999

Sorry that didn't work.

In the VC++ editor these are pragma directives:
#pragma region RegionName//...#pragma endregion
Thanks I guess I missed that, but why do I have to do that when I was using my 2003 version it did this automatically? Does the retail version of 2005 do this for you still? Thanks
It's turned off by default in 2005:
Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Formatting -> Automatic outlining of statement blocks.
Tools >> Options >> Text Editor >> C/C++ >> Formatting >> Automatic Outlining of Statement Blocks

As for why your program will not run on your girlfriend's machine, it is probably because you used the DLL version of the runtime library, and the DLLs are not on your girlfriend's computer. I believe Microsoft has a package that you can redistribute with your program that will install the DLLs, or you could use the static version of the runtime library by changing the settings under Project >> MyProject Properties >> Configuration Properties >> C/C++ >> Code Generation >> Runtime Library. The /MTd option will link to the static debug library (which you should use for your Debug configuration), and the /MT option will use the non-debug version of the library (for your Release configuration).

Edit: I was a little slow. But I hope I helped with your second problem.
Thanks Nitage & Reckoner it works now.
My other question I didn't get an answer for, is the issue where I build an app on my system with the Express compiler and I try to run it on another computer it gives an error message right away saying

application failed to start due to incorrect application configuration? Reinstall app.

I am on Vista and using Express 2005 VC++ and try to run it on a XP machine and this happens.

Any ideas?
Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement