Sign in to follow this  
glBender

[web] asp.NET accessing XML

I'm making a site for a club at my school, and I want each member to have a (very) little profile. Just their name, gamertag, and a quick bio or message. I'd like to save it all in an xml file like this <Members> <Member> <Name>John D</Name> <Gamertag>ILikeHalo11</Gamertag> <Bio>I really really like to play halo</Bio> <Member> </Members> So say I have that saved as 'memberinfo.xml', how do I access it(with asp.net)? What I want to do is have two arrows, and clicking them will display the next member's info, so that viewers can cycle through the members of the club and see each bio etc. I saw a way to show a whole list from an xml file with asp:repeaters, but I dont know how to single out one node. I think that covers it, any help appreciated. Bender

Okay so I think I understand what needs to be done. But I have another related question... How do I add a variable to the page? Like if I want to keep track(with an number) of what profile the viewer is currently looking at, how do I do that?

Edit: I think I might be looking for 'Session' states