Sign in to follow this  
ZipBreak

Generating Random Towns

I'm working on an economic simulation game, and created a random city generator for use in it. If anyone is interested, I wrote something about it here with the title of "Procedural methods." A bit down the article is a link to the demo program. The program basically does the following: * Generate a random height-map terrain * Convert it to a elevation tilemap * Generate the road network * Generate zonings on the available plots by demand. If someone will actually want something like this, I can post more details regarding the program, maybe even code. :) I will appreciate comments/feedbacks guys if you can spare the time.

Direct3D 9 has been updated several times, and very few people actually have all the DLL's that have been released. For reference, developers should always include whichever version of "d3dx9_XX.dll" they used on their projects. (You see this in commercial releases.) Anyway, the web installer at Microsoft.com should download and install all the latest releases for you.