• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
spiffycrony

Z-Buffer for Quad wireframe mesh directx8

This topic is 4265 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to draw the quad wireframe mesh using directx. I want to make use of the zbuffer for this. I can do this when it is a tri wireframe mesh as follows m_d3d.Device.SetRenderState D3DRS_COLORWRITEENABLE, 0 m_d3d.Device.SetRenderState D3DRS_FILLMODE, D3DFILL_SOLID m_d3d.Device.SetStreamSource 0, m_VertexBuffer, sizeOfVertex m_d3d.Device.DrawPrimitive D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST, 0, m_NumTriangles m_d3d.Device.SetRenderState D3DRS_COLORWRITEENABLE, D3DCOLORWRITEENABLE_ALPHA Or D3DCOLORWRITEENABLE_BLUE Or D3DCOLORWRITEENABLE_GREEN Or D3DCOLORWRITEENABLE_RED m_d3d.Device.SetRenderState D3DRS_FILLMODE, D3DFILL_WIREFRAME m_d3d.Device.DrawPrimitive D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST, 0, m_NumTriangles But for the quad mesh, i can only draw it as 4 lines(each quad). How to make use of the zbuffer for a quad wireframe mesh?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!