• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

fx composer scripts

This topic is 3975 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know how "Draw=geometry;"; differs from "Draw=buffer;"; I don't understand what's happening in the latter. If anyone knew where the documentation for this was I would be grateful, I can't find it anywhere! Regards, Jim

Advertisement
I'm not 100% sure but I use "Draw=geometry;" when I am affecting the scene in "geometry space". For example, the grass and fur shader(a shell technique that works on the geometry only)that I use has "Draw=geometry;". I also have some shaders that do full screen post-processing effects, some with interaction, and actually have to define a render target (like "RenderColorTarget=;" or "RenderDepthStencilTarget=;". That's when I use "Draw=buffer;". I just used a little trial and error to get these to work but have no idea what the ramifications, or justifications, are for using each case. Hope that helps a little. If you find out the exact when and why in using these, please post them here.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement