Something along with the script....

Started by
5 comments, last by mmoWoWmkr 17 years ago
Hi. I am starting python for a beginning language. I already know the basics and a little bit more than the basics. But i am getting bored at just for example making a login screen, and having python just say 'Password, username'. So does anyone know a free simple program maker where you can actually make buttons and stuff, because even simple programs arent just scripts, they are actual wondows! So if someone can give me names or ursl that would be great.
Advertisement
Visual Basic... don't know if there are any free versions of it or not.

However, MS Excel comes with a VBMacro editor. Though it's meant to be used to make things happen on a spreadsheet, I believe it has most of the functionality for what you'd want to do.

(Oh, Visual Basic allows you to draw buttons on a form and display it on the screen really easily. Plus the language is pretty easy to pick up for a beginner. That's how I started!)

Hope that helps!
wxPython
Well i think i am going to go along with VB because i have tried both languages and i can easily start off on VB. Thanks for the info. I think i have wxPython, but i cant remeber if i downloaded it, but i'll stick with the Vb

Thanks.

EDIT: I i forgot to add this. Im a bit confused about the VB thing. You can answer it easly. So if i am supposed to download Ms Excel where i can make the buttons and stuff on the VBMaco?
If you already have Excel, you can get the the VB Macro Editor by going to

Tools->Maros->Visual Basic Macro Editor

To make a Form right click in the VBAProject window and go to Insert->User Form

Play with that for a bit. If you like it I'd recommend finding a free/cheap version of Visual Basic.
Why not use VB.NET if you are going to use VB? You can get Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition for free from Microsoft.

EDIT: I saw that you were saying you had decided you continue with Python in an earlier post. If you don't mind I would suggest that you continue with your original plan and stick to Python. There are really no restrictions to what you can do with Python, and it's a very useful language to know.
Best regards, Omid
Hi. Im back because instead of downloading the VB one i downloaded wxPython. But when i installed it, i got confused and i couldn't find the program?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement