Sign in to follow this  
plywood

windows api

Hey I'm making a utility program with Windows API: (1) Does anybody know of an open source compiler for windows applications other than Visual Studios? (2) I want my program to implement some sort of hook routine where incoming keyboard and mouse events are intercepted by Windows. A copy of the event is then made; the copy is sent to my application, and the original message is relayed on to the appropriate (intended) app. Does anybody know of a quick and dirty way to rig this up? thanks, ply

Quote:
Original post by plywood
(1) Does anybody know of an open source compiler for windows applications other than Visual Studios?

DevC++

Quote:
Original post by plywood
(2) I want my program to implement some sort of hook routine where incoming keyboard and mouse events are intercepted by Windows. A copy of the event is then made; the copy is sent to my application, and the original message is relayed on to the appropriate (intended) app. Does anybody know of a quick and dirty way to rig this up?

Not sure there is any "easy" way to do this. You're basically just writing a keylogger though, of which there are many, so it's certainly possible.

-me