[.net] LoaderLock problem

Started by
7 comments, last by remigius 17 years ago
Whenever I press a key while debugging my program in MSVC#2k5 it just says there is a loaderlock. I have created a new project, debugged it and when i press a button it still does it, here is the error message Attempting managed execution inside OS Loader lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DllMain or image initialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang. Anyone know what is up with this?
Advertisement
are you using MDX? this is a known issue with MDX 1.1. If that's the case, then just turn off the exception inside visual studio. google "MDX LoaderLock" (no quotes) for more info.
No it's not. It's just Visual C# Express 2005. I've tried reinstalling it and it's still doing it. Anyone?
Are you, per chance, running iTunes? If so, try shutting that down and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, try uninstalling iTunes. clicky

Thanks Dave, turning off iTunes fixed it. Thanks for the help.
You're very welcome. I'm glad it worked for you.
... Madness [smile]
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
I have the same issue, but definately have never had itunes installed.. hmm..

Squiggly Frog - My little project place on the web. Updated as I see fit. =)

Did you try the more common fix to the loaderlock problem yet?
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement