Started by
2,115 comments, last by Zmurf 16 years, 9 months ago
Although I do like :

Proverbs 18:6 - If some fool starts an argument he is asking for a beating

:)
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by BerwynIrish
Quote:Original post by Solidus117
For all you know, I may be 'god'. Silence your forked tongue heathens!

Has anyone killed or justified a prejudice in the name of Solidus117? Do Your true believers consistently lie and otherwise engage in dishonesty to make the case for Your existence and Your works? Do You manage to inspire tolerance and even endorsement of dishonesty in those who are doubtful of or apathetic towards Your existence?

I've seen more believable gods in the Bible, fer cryin' out loud. Come back after you've at least got the blood of integrity on your hands.

I proclaim nipples were given to men for equality, and BerwynIrish shall be put to the stake for his heretical blashepmy.
Wait, so male nipples aren't meant to be used as a personal free milk supply?
Quote:Original post by Capoeirista
These quotes are only a fraction of my reasoning for not beleiving in Christianity, but they do illustrate the point; If the word of god is good, and the bible is the word of god then I want nothing to do with it.

I remember reading verse's from the Bible that also talked about slaves and beasts and about the law, but those verse references your quations point at, are not from the Bible. See if you read that verse in the context of the Bible you should at least notice that the message is different, from what Capoeirista's quotion has, which is some one's conclusion of something and not God's word.
So don't let your hope go down, God wants justice and not the innocent to be punished.

Link to KJV Bible: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2021:19-22;&version=9;
Jesus loves you!
Quote:Original post by Oberon_Command
Wait, so male nipples aren't meant to be used as a personal free milk supply?

Of course, but they gotta be YOUR OWN nipples!
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Quote:Original post by GCoda
I remember reading verse's from the Bible that also talked about slaves and beasts and about the law, but those verse references your quations point at, are not from the Bible.

I don't deny it, the language I used in my quotations differs slightly from that of the bible; So lets take a look at what the King James bible actually says :

Exodus 21:20-21 - It's ok to beat a slave to death so long as the slave doesn't die too quickly

is actually :

"And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2021:20-21&version=9;

Leviticus 26:22 - God sends beasts among the people to slay, to rob them of their children and kill their livestock.

is actually :

"Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;"

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2026:22&version=49;

Ezekiel 20:25 - Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live; God intentionally gives out bad laws. Nice.

"I will let loose among you the beasts of the field, which will bereave you of your children and destroy your cattle and reduce your number so that your roads lie deserted."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel%2020:25&version=9;

And finally, which is a direct quote : Samuel 6:19 - And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Samuel%206:19&version=9;

I mean no offence, but have you actually read the bible? God doesn't want justice; People want to use god as an excuse for the the atrocities they commit in the name of their own versions of justice.

Uh, I muddled those middle direct quotations around...
God doesn't want justice; People want to use god as an excuse for the the atrocities they commit in the name of their own versions of justice.

I don't mean everyone who believes of course, lot's of really amazing and influential people believe in God. That sounded like a complete generalisation, which wasn't my intention.

hey .. something is wrong on declared big bang theoty on this forum..
the original theory says...
heh..
i give up ...!
learn it yourself...
© Loading... !!!
Please Wait...!
I mean no offence, but have you actually read the bible? God doesn't want justice; People want to use god as an excuse for the the atrocities they commit in the name of their own versions of justice.

That's an valid question, I am not offended. But as I meant to imply at my last post, yes I have and I have read those verses and the verses around them and if I'm not mistaken that means I have read them in context.
What I'm thinking is that you might have wrong conclusion about the message in those verses because you quote just few verses out from their context and you say that "God doesn't want justice". Now I cannot possibly know why you say that, not based on the verses you quoted, even I have some idea it's impossible for me to know how you really see the message in those verses.
So I would like to suggest that if you like discuss about these specific verses in the Bible or about Bible in general then please state your view and/or ask questions.

Jesus loves you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement