• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
GCoda

Do you believe in god?

This topic is 4288 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by kanzler
But I guess the rather disrespectful picture posted above already gave you a clue.

Why d'ya gotta hate on ceiling cat?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by GCoda
Please everyone, feel free to explain why you don't believe if you don't, like some posters did.

This is so asking for a Letterman style "Top 10 reasons NOT to believe in God!" list. [grin]

Quote:
Original post by ToohrVyk
I believe that God does not exist, that immortal souls do not exist, that life has no purpose other than the one we choose, that ethics are a consequence of our faiths and our gregarious instincts, and that death is the final and irreversible disappearence of consciousness and identity. I believe that the human mind is not truly free, but rather determined by physical processes and events that are beyond our current comprehension, but I do consider the illusion of freedom convincing enough that we should act as if it were real. I also believe the human mind and body to be so inherently flawed, it's not even funny anymore.

I also believe Chuck Norris is so awesome, he's the most annoying internet meme ever!

what he said.

I definately do. I think that to believe that there is no God or a superior being that created the universe requires more faith than someone who believes in God.
The world is too complicated to have evolved. Anyway if it evolved then we should expect life on all the other planets that evolved according to the planets' environment.

Quote:
Original post by miminawewe
The world is too complicated to have evolved.

Oh? How can you tell? Have you tested the maximum possible complexity of evolved things? Since you haven't evolved anything like the world yourself, you're hardly qualified to say whether it is "too complicated to have evolved".

On the other hand, the world (or most species living on it, anyway) are definitely far too flawed to have been designed. (and I can say that because we humans are fairly good judges of good/bad design, having designed a fair amount of things ourselves, whereas we're pretty clueless when it comes to evolution)

At least unless you believe in a drunk, stoned god. [grin]

Quote:
Original post by Penten
Quote:
Original post by ToohrVyk
I believe that God does not exist, that immortal souls do not exist, that life has no purpose other than the one we choose, that ethics are a consequence of our faiths and our gregarious instincts, and that death is the final and irreversible disappearence of consciousness and identity. I believe that the human mind is not truly free, but rather determined by physical processes and events that are beyond our current comprehension, but I do consider the illusion of freedom convincing enough that we should act as if it were real. I also believe the human mind and body to be so inherently flawed, it's not even funny anymore.

I also believe Chuck Norris is so awesome, he's the most annoying internet meme ever!

what he said.

What he said.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!