Directx version 9.0 & 9.1 problem

Started by
1 comment, last by spiffycrony 17 years ago
I am getting an unhandled exception in the following line Dim mfont As Mesh = Mesh.TextFromFont(device, lfont, "name", 0.001F, 0.01F) where lfont is defined as Private lfont As System.Drawing.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("MS UI Gothic", 16.0, Fontstyle.Regular, GraphicsUnit.World, 100) The exception is An unhandled exception of type 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Direct3DXException' occurred in microsoft.directx.direct3dx.dll Additional information: Error in the application. I am using .net and directx. This problem happens only with the directx version v9.00.0900(9.0) and it works fine with version v9.00.1126(9.1). Now since the clients are using the older version i am trying to find if it can be fixed. I used the debug view(thanks to remigus). The output is as follows [1468] D3DXCreateText: GetOutlineTextMetrics failed. Probably no font selected [1468] D3DXCreateText: CreateOFContext failed Anyone having any idea on what can be the problem?
Advertisement
There's no DX 9.1. From an internet search about the version you mentioned, 9.00.1126 would be a managed DLL corresponding to DX 9.0b and a summer 2003 SDK, which is quite old.

I'd suggest moving to something newer. The latest DX version is 9.0c, and it's been out for quite a while (since 2004). D3DX has been further changed since then.
Is there an alternate way to draw the text i.e instead of using Mesh.TextFromFont?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement