Hi I need some advice

Started by
5 comments, last by As-12 17 years ago
2 days ago. I just know LUA script and I downloaded it but I can't setup with my VC8 compiler . I fixed the libcmt error but there always another error after the error fix and I've done with it, no more ! :p I've been heard there is another script language called "Angel Script". Do you guys have any suggestions for me like should I go continue with LUA or Angel Script looks better? I mean if it compatible with VC 8 (2005) or any reason that make my life much eaiser than LUA I will go for it. My English totally bad. If you dont understand me. Just say it :) Have a nice day. Thanks
Advertisement
personally I would go with AngelScript...but that's just because I hate the syntax of LUA. I prefer C/C++ styled languages, and AngelScript is very similar to C/C++ AND is very easy to work with. Right now I'm using AngelScript, and once I got it running, I haven't had any real problems with it since. You have to take the time to compile the library first(not that bad, compared to the LOOONG compile of the JUCE library), but once that's done, you can just learn from the example programs included with the library. The one area that LUA has an advantage over AngelScript is the community. search Google for LUA tutorials and you'll come up with hundreds p(thousands?) of pages of results. Search for AngelScript tutorials, and you aren't going to be as lucky, but the developer of AngelScript frequents these forums, so you can personally talk to him or one of the other AngelScript gurus(Deyja) to get help. If you do want help, I'd suggest posting in the AngelCode subforum.

Hope That helps,
-Wynter Woods(aka Zerotri)
I think I gonna go for Angel Script because its syntax too and I guess there wont be tons of problem. Thanks for advice by the way :)
It is often easiest to help fix an error if you tell us what the error you get is! :) Good luck with AngelScript if that's what you want to use though.
Well I got libcmt linker errors I tried ignore those libraries and it wont work. So I downloaded the LUA 5.1 lib and include for VC8 and then I got C runtime error "R6034" when I started the application. I tried search and I found something about "manifest". So I think why I should make my life more complex. Thats why I would like to change script langauge.
If you are only having problems with building Lua why not use the prebuilt binaries offered by LuaBinaries?. Members of the Lua team have provided this option for a few years and I've never had a problem using them.
Well I tried pre-built binaries and I got some runtime errors. But I've fixed it :) . I found a tutorial that shows me how to build LUA Libraries from source. And now I can use LUA properly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement