SVG integration

Started by
8 comments, last by Whackjack 17 years ago
Hi all :) I would like to make a c++ program with a SVG GUI (animations, funny things..). But does anyone know how to send and event from C++ to SVG and handle SVG events in C++ ? I know how to do it in flash with ActiveX, but not in SVG
Advertisement
That is not what SVG is for. If you want a scalable GUI then you could look at using Cairo and GTK+. Cairo is intended to let you render scalable graphics (which is what SVG is) and GTK+ lets your user interact in the expected way (buttons etc). You can essentially make a GUI with GTK+ (or graphically in glade) and then use Cairo to render the buttons etc. I suspect you could define the button contents in terms of SVG content yourself, but I've not tried this myself, so I wouldn't like to offer any advice in that respect either way. Another nice feature of this setup is it's cross platform (GTK+ is widely supported, as is Cairo).
Hope this helps you out,

Dan
SVG (as Flash lite) is widely used as a rendering engine for GUI on embedded framework.
This is powerfull for some reasons :

- Because of the "clean" separation of GUI (designer) and Core application (developper) ; that can't be done easily with GTK or other c/c++ widget libs.

- Because of animations and scalable contents who are now required on mobile phone and handed devices.

That's why im interessted in SVG <-> C++ interactions.

What SVG library are you using?
I know batik but it's for Java :'(
It will depend on what library you are using. Read the documentation.
I dont know what to use.... that is the goal of this topic !
[google] for "c++ svg library".
I spend the morning on google !

thanks for the RTFM [oh]

forum powa
AmanithVG - OpenGL based.
This is straight off the front page of the W3C SVG homepage.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement