C++ Workshop Question....

Started by
2 comments, last by J0Be 16 years, 11 months ago
I am about to complete my second semester of college, going for a programming degree. I have one semester of VB under my belt. Unfortunately my college is still using .net 2003 edition of MS Visual Studio. Anyhow, next semester, in addition to taking VB 2, I am starting out on C++. I have the summer between work and caring for my two kids, yes, I am a single father of teens, to work ahead. I figured I could buy the book that the C++ workshop was on, but, my I am wondering if I can still ask questions concerning that workshop, and where it would be appropriate to ask those questions. Thanks for any answers, and thanks to jwalsh for putting that together. As a non-traditional student (meaning I am 35 y/o, lol) any help/advantage I can get before the class starts helps me out tremendously. Shawn
Advertisement
Moved the C++ Workshop forum.

Visual C++ .NET 2003 is a very good compiler. It is nearly as good as the 2005 version - so don't worry about that.

About the workshop, jwalsh recently come back (teh yeah!), and we still monitor the forum, so feel free to ask any question you want.

Best regards, and good luck!
Shawn,

As Emmanuel said, the 2003 version will work just fine for learning. As well, if you decide you want more, the 2005 Express Edition is available free from Microsoft's website.

As for the workshop and your questions, I've returned to the GD.net community recently and will be posting the last few chapter threads in the next week, along with a postmortem for the workshop. Once that is done, myself, and those interested will continue to answer questions posted in the various chapter threads within the workshop.

So have no fear, help is here.

Cheers!
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Quote:Original post by jwalsh
..., myself, and those interested will continue to answer questions posted in the various chapter threads within the workshop.

So have no fear, help is here.

Cheers!

This is really great news, as I too am going to start with this tutorial, I'll have to wait a few more weeks though before I can.

As to the age of Shawn, don't worry about that, I'm 38 and started learning programming in C++ as a hobby, you're never to old to learn.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement