• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
looseskrewz

Java Question

This topic is 4172 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I go to compile and I get this (I edited the paths away to make it shorter) What am I not doing, and what do I do to fix it? :) Thanks error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JPanel' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JCheckBox' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JTextField' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JPanel' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JCheckBox' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JTextField' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JPanel' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JLabel' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JButton' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JCheckBox' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JButton' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JCheckBox' error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JTextField'

Advertisement
are you using visual J# to build a Sun Java Swing applet? i don't think you can do that. totally different products. need more info on what you are using to compile your java applet. install the Sun JDK and use something like Eclipse or NetBeans to compile that and it should work like a charm.

EDIT: oh nevermind me, i didn't know you actually could use Swing with J#.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vjsharp/bb188695.aspx
only thing i can think of now is if you didn't add the reference to the library.

Did you make sure you have the lines

import javax.swing

at the top of your file Where it would be something like

import javax.swing.JPanel;

Maybe you just happened to leave those out.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!