moving objects database frameworks

Started by
-1 comments, last by stephanh 17 years ago
Hi, i am in need of a database solution for alot of moving objects (tempo-spatial). I dont know how MMORPG handle the characters but i suppose they use traditional RDBMS and dont do frequent updates for all character movements. The requirements are continous or very frequent updates (~ 6mb/s, insertion, movement, removal ). And the usual query for spatial, temporal and feature attributes (and combinations thereof). A pure in-memory DB wont cut it, the amount of data accumulated over some days is immense. Do you know any off-the-shelf solutions? Or a framework (C/C++ preferably) providing database core functionality (disk io, locking, transactions, replication) to build such a specialized DB upon? All i found was berkeley db, which doesnt care about the structure of data. But uses a B-Tree at it's core and doesnt seem to allow custom index/partitioning required for tempo-spatial DB. Thanks alot. regards, steph (EDIT 1: changed title, added details) [Edited by - stephanh on April 19, 2007 3:04:57 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement