• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
duhroach

[MDX] RenderTarget sizes

This topic is 4078 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a constraint on the size that a render target can be? IE can it only be POW2? I'm getting issues creating a non POW2 render target, and then calling GetRenderTargetData() to retrieve it to a non POW2 texture. The result is that my data is rendered, but it's smashed into the left side of the image (about 25% blank space on the right side). Usually when this type of thing comes up, I think it's a max resolution issue, but have yet to find any documentation detailing such. Any help would be greatly appriciated. ~Main

Advertisement
non-POW2 textures is tied to the capabilities of the video card, you can find out if its supported by retrieving the device's caps and checking the TextureCaps. If they're supported, they're perfectly fine for use as an RT.

The problem is more likely to be tied to the full-screen quad you use to render to the texture. How are you setting it up?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!